Hi everyone! BIOTEC begins Monday, and we’re really excited to have you here with us!
Here are some things to know for the week:
- See the map below for the best places to park and/or to drop off students! Each day we will begin at 9:30 AM in room 211 of the Biological Sciences building.
- If you are driving yourself each day, on Monday you will need to come to the location on the map marked “Drop-off” so you can pick up your parking passes for the week (try to get there a little early so you’re not late for the start of the day). Each pass is good for one day, and you should be given 5 passes in total. (There are no parking restrictions on the weekends.) If you didn’t fill out your waiver form, or didn’t say you were parking on campus on that form, then there probably won’t be parking passes available for you.
- Lunch will not be provided on any of the days, unfortunately. Please a bring a lunch each day!
- Please dress in long pants and close-toed shoes every day! With that said, the cooler you can dress while meeting that requirement the better; we will spend parts of some days outside and it can get quite hot!
- The final day of the camp, Saturday June 23rd, we will be touring some of UCF’s biology research labs in the morning. After lunch, we will have a “research fair” of sorts where students will present on their weeklong research projects to their peers. Parents are welcome for this final portion of the camp, which will begin at approximately 1 PM on Saturday!If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! If I forgot anything major, I will make another post and send another email. Otherwise, see you on Monday!